- Over 70,000 trees will cover an area of 13.5 ha of land
- 8 tree planting actions in 7 counties: Giurgiu, Teleorman, Prahova, Dolj, Ialomița, Constanța and Bucharest.
- Those wishing to participate as volunteers can register on www.taraluiandrei.ro
OMV Petrom is launching a large-scale tree planting volunteering campaign this autumn - "Romania plants for tomorrow". The campaign takes place in 7 counties in Romania in partnership with 7 environmental NGOs. In November, the company’s employees, together with other volunteers, will plant 70,000 trees on a surface of 13.5 ha.
Since 2008, OMV Petrom is one of the largest private companies promoting tree-planting actions, with over 700,000 trees planted on a surface of 140 ha to date. Forests have an important role in absorbing and storing carbon dioxide (CO2) from our atmosphere, therefore planting trees as a way of protecting and establishing forests is a key nature-based solution to the risks of climate change. OMV Petrom intends to continue the tree planting campaigns for the next 3 years.
The tree planting actions will take place in partnership with 7 environmental NGOs: Act for Tomorrow, Mai Mult Verde, Pădurea Copiilor, Plantăm fapte bune în România, Viitor Plus, Pro Eco Tur and Parcul Natural Văcărești. The NGOs will also ensure the maintenance of the areas planted for the following 2-3 years.
The eight tree planting actions will take place as follows:
- 2nd of November: Corbu (Constanța) and Bistreț (Dolj)
- 16th of November: Vânătorii Mici (Giurgiu), Grindu (Ialomița) and Parcul Văcărești (București)
- 23rd of November: Mârșani (Dolj) and Tinosu (Prahova)
- 30th of November: Videle (Teleorman)
Volunteers can register on: https://www.taraluiandrei.ro
This campaign contributes to supporting three objectives of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: (13) Climate Action, (15) Life on Earth and (17) Partnerships for Achieving the Goals.
For more information about the trees planting and the social responsibility programs of OMV Petrom, please visit https://www.taraluiandrei.ro/