At OMV Petrom, we have a long tradition of responsible behavior towards employees, the environment and society. Sustainability for OMV Petrom means focus on conducting the business responsibly, efficiently and in an innovative way. We are committed to create long-term value for the company and our stakeholders, while respecting the environment, supporting the communities in which we operate, and striving to support the UN sustainable development goals.
Sustainability at OMV Petrom is embedded in the OMV Group strategy.
OMV Petrom concentrates its sustainability efforts on five focus areas:
- Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE): Are Key Values of OMV Petrom. Our people’s well-being and safety, as well as the integrity of the company's operating facilities and a proactive risk management system are of paramount importance for fulfilling OMV Petrom's HSSE vision: "ZERO Harm - NO Losses"
- Carbon Efficiency: OMV Petrom focuses on improving the carbon efficiency of its operations and product portfolio. The company is fully committed to acting on climate change mitigation and responsible resource management.
- Innovation: OMV Petrom’s efforts are aimed at developing an innovation-based culture, enhancing the digital skills of its employees and implementing new technologies in business.
- Employees: OMV Petrom places people at the core of its business and wants to create a workplace that is fulfilling, diverse and learning-oriented.
- Business Principles and Social Responsibility: OMV Petrom strives to uphold equally high compliance standards at all locations, and the Code of Conduct applies to all employees and suppliers. OMV Petrom acts responsibly both in the way natural resources are used in our operations, and in the way we permanently build relationships based on trust and honesty with all stakeholders.
Our public commitments
OMV Petrom is a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Global Compact through Global Compact Network Romania and is fully committed to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. Also, we continue supporting all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) defined in 2015 and prioritized for OMV Petrom in 2016. Our Company Sustainable Strategy and KPIs are defined considering the commitment to SDGs. The information disclosed in the Report for each material topic is correlated with the SDGs relevant for OMV Petrom, expressing our support for their achievement.