OMV Petrom SA, as Beneficiary, signed together with the Ministry of Energy, as coordinator of reforms and/or investments for the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) – Pillar I. Green transition - Component 6. Energy, Financing Agreement nr. 10/24.03.2023 for the implementation of the project "Construction of a (green) hydrogen production facility through water electrolysis". Its objectives aim to reduce GHG emissions through the production of green hydrogen, obtained in electrolysis plants by using renewable energy and water, and its use in the production of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF), as well as diesel bio-components - hydrogenated vegetable oil (HVO).
The project’s implementation period, according to the aforementioned Financing Agreement, has started on 16.08.2022 and is financed through NRRP, Investment Measure – Investment I.2 – Renewable gas distribution infrastructure (use of natural gas in combination with green hydrogen as a transitional measure), as well as green hydrogen production capacities and/or its use for energy storage electrical-sub-measure 2.2 – Supporting investments in building capacities for green hydrogen production in electrolysis plants, Call Code PNRR/2022/C6/M Energiei/I2.
The investment that OMV Petrom SA has proposed to develop, by accessing NRRP non-reimbursable funds, contributes to achieving the objectives assumed by Romania within NRRP – Component C6. Energy, investment measure I.2 respectively for the commissioning of a capacity of at least 100 MW of green hydrogen production in electrolysis plants and an estimated generated quantity of at least 10,000 tons of renewable hydrogen and amounts to 434,087,856.06 lei, of which:
- the total eligible amount is 245,975,000 lei, of which the maximum non-reimbursable eligible amount is 193,027,011.84 lei
- the ineligible amount of expenses, which is covered from the beneficiary's own contribution is 188,112,856.06 lei
The project is implemented by OMV Petrom S.A. in the South - Muntenia Region, on the Petrobrazi Refinery Platform, located in 65 Trandafirilor Street, Brazi Commune, Prahova County, between 16.08.2022 – 31.12.2025 and supports the shift towards a climate-neutral economy and contributes to the EU's decarbonization goals for 2030 and 2050.
Project information and publicity activities:
So far, the following information and publicity activities have been carried out:
- Publication of the press release at the start of the project.
- Social media post on the company's LinkedIn page.
- Publication of the announcement regarding the launch of the competitive procurement procedure for the award of the contract "Supply of electrolyzer, training services and technical assistance" - The procurement procedure and the full documentation can be accessed here. The procurement announcement can be accessed here.
- Creating a dedicated project page on the company’s website.
Beneficiary contact details:
OMV Petrom S.A., registered with the Trade Registry under No. J/40/8302/1997, fiscal code 1590082, headquartered in 22 Coralilor Street (Petrom City), 1st District, Bucharest, Postal Code 013329, phone +40 (372) 8 68632, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org