OMV Petrom is part of the economic and social fabric of the community and that comes with important responsibilities. We are a strategic partner for the sustainable development of our communities with projects and investments based on needs identified at local level which contribute to the UN Agenda of Sustainable Development.
We invest in the development of communities where we do business, providing know-how and financial support to people and sustainable projects that help Romanian communities develop in the long run.
Since 2007, OMV Petrom has made corporate responsibility principles part of its business strategy. Between 2007 and 2020, the company has allocated over EUR 72 million to develop communities in Romania, focusing on environmental protection, education, health and local development.
Andrei’s Country is OMV Petrom’ social responsibility platform and the main pillars of our social investment are:
- Environment - we support mainly projects to mitigate climate change, biodiversity loss and pollution.
- Education - we support initiatives that encourage equal access to quality education, programs for personal and professional skills development, and equipment donations.
- Health - we support projects that ensure access to quality health care services; support accident prevention campaigns, inform relevant health issues and promote well-being. In 2020, our priority was to help society fight COVID-1.
2025 Sustainability targets and 2020 achievements:
- Maintain social license to operate through yearly community relations and community development strategies, plans and budgets, based on social impact needs and risks assessment in our operations
- 2020: over 60 projects implemented covering more than 65 local communities from all our sites; more than EUR 6 mn spent for social and environmental projects.
Supported United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
SDG 1 – No poverty
SDG 3 – Good Health and Well-Being
SDG 4 – Education
SDG 5 – Gender Equality
SDG 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation
SDG 10 – Reduce Inequalities
SDG 13 – Climate Action
SDG 16 – Peace, justice and strong institutions