In compliance with Law no. 297/2004 and Regulation no. 1/2006 of CNVM (free translation)
content provided by Strategy & Investor Relations
Date of report: January 7, 2011
Name of issuer: OMV PETROM S.A.
Headquarters: Bucharest, Calea Dorobantilor nr. 239 sector 1
Telephone/fax number: +40 372 429082/ +40 372 868518
Sole registration number at the Trade Register Office: 1590082
Fiscal attribute: R
Trade Register Number: J 40/8302/1997
Share capital: 5,664,410,833.5 RON
Regulated market on which the issued shares are traded: Bucharest Stock Exchange
Significant event to be reported:
Notice on the completion of the securities distribution to the Persons Entitled to receive shares issued by S.C. OMV PETROM S.A. in the shares buyback program approved at the Extraordinary General Shareholders Meeting on 16.12.2008.
1. a) Issuer’s name - S.C. OMV Petrom S.A.
In the case of a primary share offer, the share capital before the public offer – not applicable.
b) Name/business name of the offeror - S.C. OMV Petrom S.A.
c) If the notice is drawn up by a successor, its name - not applicable.
d) The number of the National Securities Commission (CNVM) decision to approve the
simplified prospectus - CNVM Decision 204/10.02.2010.
2. a) The opening and closing date of the securities distribution period presented in the decision to approve the simplified prospectus – 18.02.2010 - 31.12.2010.
b) The exact opening and closing dates of the securities distribution: According to the
simplified prospectus the period for the effective allocation of the free of charge securities to the entitled persons could run between 25.02.2010 and 31.12.2010. The actual transfer of the securities ownership was made within the period of the effective allocation of the free of charge securities provided in the simplified prospectus, namely between 23.06.2010 and 16.12.2010.
3. a) The intermediary’s name and the intermediation method used in the public offer - not
b) The name of the distribution group members - not applicable.
4. The type, class and other features of the securities which have been offered to the Persons Entitled to receive securities issued by S.C. OMV Petrom S.A. – S.C. OMV Petrom S.A. distributed free of charge to each person so entitled a number of 100 (one hundred) OMV Petrom ordinary, nominal and dematerialised shares, traded on the first tier of the Bucharest Stock Exchange, with a nominal value of 0.1 lei each.
In the case of convertible securities, the securities into which they can be converted - not
5. a) The number of securities offered specified in the simplified prospectus regarding the
securities distribution to the entitled persons to receive shares issued by S.C. OMV Petrom S.A. – 6,134,200 securities with the possibility to supplement the number of securities initially offered, up to 6,195,500 securities.
b) The number of securities distributed – 6,133,500 securities out of total purchased of 6,195,500
c) The percentage of securities distributed out of the total securities purchased – 98,999%
6. a) The total number of Persons Entitled to receive securities issued by S.C. OMV Petrom S.A. - 61,335
b) Where shares have been offered to the public, the number of major shareholders, as well as the weight of each of them in the amount of the shares - not applicable.
7. Information on the expenses effectively incurred of the selling price of the public offer:
a) fees charged by the intermediary - not applicable;
b) fees collected by the distribution group - not applicable;
c) various expenses paid to intermediaries - not applicable;
d) other expenses - not applicable;
e) total expenses - not applicable.
8. The total amount collected by the offeror after the payment of all expenses and their
percentage of the amount forecasted to be collected – not applicable.
Chief Executive Officer
For more information about the shares buy-back programme and the distribution thereof to the Entitled Persons please contact OMV Petrom Investor Relations Department – at the following telephone numbers: +4021 4060102 (for land line), +40372 160102, +40372868930 (for mobile lines); fax: +40 372 868 518) or visit OMV Petrom website (www.petrom.com), section Investor Relations/ Events.
Note accordance with art. 4, para. (2) of the CNVM Regulation no. 1/2006:
Visa approval imposed on public offer prospectus or, as appropriate, on the offer document has no guarantee value nor is another form of assessment of CNVMon the opportunity, benefits or disadvantages, profit or risks that the transactions concluded by accepting public offering, object of the approving decision, may present. The approving decision certifies only the regularity of the offering prospectus / offering document regarding the requirements of law and rules adopted pursuant thereto.
Simplified Prospectus Regarding the securities distribution to the Persons Entitled to receive shares issued by OMV Petrom SA, (PDF, 110,4 KB)
Resolutions of the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders – December 16, 2008, (PDF, 547,3 KB)