Since 2007, volunteering was an important part of the programs of involvement in the community of OMV Petrom. By the projects specially dedicated to volunteering, the company encourages the social involvement of the employees, puts at their disposal the necessary means to dedicate to the causes they believe in and offers them the possibility to contribute to the development of a responsible society.
The main results of our volunteering activities:
- Over 60,000 volunteers involved in OMV Petrom’s projects, out of which 14.000 employees of the company
- 150 projects and over 3.000 employees of OMV Petrom were volunteers within the program the Championship of Volunteering
- Over 6,500 children received Christmas presents on the part of 4,400 employees of OMV Petrom
- Over 12,000 forms of redirection of the tax on income collected by OMV Petrom’s employees in the Campaign 2%
- Yealy information campaign regarding 2%, 3,5% provision
Some of our main volunteering projects are:
The Championship of Volunteering
Since 2011, OMV Petrom has been organizing The Championship of Volunteering, a project by which it brings closer its employees to the causes that they can support by volunteering.
Any employee of OMV Petrom has the possibility to suggest a project in collaboration with a non-governmental organization or with an institution and to offer their colleagues from the company the possibility to join the cause as volunteers. The projects of the employees are voted by their colleagues and assessed by experts in volunteering and community development, and are then financed by OMV Petrom to be implemented.
- 150 projects of volunteering carried out
- Over 3,000 employees of OMV Petrom as volunteers
- ~ 2,000 volunteers from community
The Volunteers of the Year
In order to learn the lesson of civic involvement from the best of us, at the end of every year, starting from 2008, we acknowledge the merits of the most dedicated volunteers from OMV Petrom’s employees through the competition "The Volunteers of the Year". The competition is opened to all the employees who chose to dedicate a part of their time to support a cause and who involve themselves constantly in volunteering actions along the year, individually or with the team.
Be Santa Claus yourself
Since 2008, on every Christmas, hundreds of children from local communities write us letters with their wishes. The majority come from underprivileged families and, for many, it’s for the first time when they are dreaming of a present. The letters get to OMV Petrom’s employees, who transform in Santa Claus’s elves and buy presents according to the wishes of the children. Toys, school supplies, clothes, footgear, atlases or even health can be found on their lists.
- Over 6,500 children from underprivileged families received presents at Christmas
- Over 4,400 employees of OMV Petrom bought presents for children
The 3.5% campaign
Starting from 2008, OMV Petrom carries out annually an information campaign among the employees related to the 2%, 3,5%provision. The 2%, 3,5% provision of the Tax Code is a mechanism that allows every taxpayer natural person to redirect up to 2%, 3,5%of the income tax to a non-governmental organization (NGO) - association, foundation etc. . Thus, through the support of a NGO, each of us can actively contribute to the problem solving of civil society in Romania.
During the period 2011-2013 and also in 2017 the company hosted a Fair of NGOs at the central head office (Petrom City), within which the employees had the chance to interact with the representatives of the non-governmental organizations and make a documented decision related to the destination of the 2%.
- Over 12,000 forms of redirection were collected in OMV Petrom’s head offices
- On average, 200 NGOs benefited annually from the support of OMV Petrom’s employees
- More than 95 NGOs participated to 4 editions of the Fair of NGOs