This dual program addresses students who will be graduating or who have already graduated from the 8th grade and who have not reached the age of 26 by September 1, 2022.
Once admitted to the program, future petrochemists will benefit from professional training in the field of petroche-mistry, specific, updated course materials and internships at OMV Petrom, Petrobrazi Refinery.
In addition, OMV Petrom will equip the laboratory of Lazar Edeleanu High School in Ploiești, so that students have access to a modern and applied education base. The high school benefits from a dormitory and a canteen for the accommodation of students from outside the city of Ploiești.
During their training, students will benefit from a scholarship worth 200 lei granted by the Romanian state and an additional scholarship granted by OMV Petrom, of 500-700 lei per month, depending on school performance. Upon completion of the three years of vocational education, students will acquire a professionally recognized professional qualification and will have employment opportunities within OMV Petrom.
At present, OMV Petrom has trained and is preparing four generations of qualified tradesmen and wells for gas transportation, treatment and distribution in the School of Petroleum program, and has supported the renovation of classrooms in partner high schools and the provision of laboratories with technology. and current equipment. Also, together with the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research, OMV Petrom has developed a current school curriculum, which supports teachers and students, and 57 graduates of the Petroleum School program are employed by OMV Petrom.
Students who want to specialize in this new field, petrochemistry can register for one of the 24 places available at Lazăr Edeleanu High School in Ploiești, between July 4 and 11, 2022.
An educational project within the Vocational Romania campaign, through which OMV Petrom supports 6 vocational classes with specializations from the oil and gas industry. For 3 years, the students study after an updated curriculum and benefit from internships within the company, scholarships and vocational training courses held by OMV Petrom employees.
The Oilmen’s School project already trained two generations of well operators and operators for extraction, transport, treatment, and distribution of gas; in partnership with 3 technological high schools from the country: Technological High School “Astra Pitești", Technological High School "Grigore Cobălcescu" from Moinești and Technological High School "Voievodul Mircea" from Târgoviște.
Despite the challenging conditions of 2020, the Oilmen’s School continued with the third generation of 84 students which enrolled in their first year of study.
Up to now, the Oilmen’s School achievements are:
- Two generations graduated (167 students) of qualified technicians for well operator and gas extraction, transmission, treatment and distribution operator,
- The 167 graduates have earned a professional degree valid all over Europe.
- OMV Petrom continues to equip the mechanical practical laboratories from all three technical high schools so that students and teachers to have access to a modern and applied educational base
- 65 former students are currently employees of OMV Petrom with 1-2 years’ work experience.
- 84 new pupils are part of the 3rd generation of the project that in ongoing from 2020
- Scholarships for 251 students,
- OMV Petrom employees are involved in the project: during the internships, the learning process is facilitated by a mentor from the OMV Petrom and a teacher from the partner school in the OMV Petrom Upstream assets.
- Vocational profiling workshops and practical workshops - communication, negotiation, entrepreneurship, teamwork, employability (how to write a CV, a motivation letter, what is a job interview) for students.
- Trainings for the teachers
Supported UN Sustainable Development Goals: 4, Quality Education